PROSE OR HYBRID TEXT MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
What we’re looking for: Poetry, fiction, non-fiction or hybrid work, including memoir excerpts,
essays, short stories, novellas, short-shorts, flash prose, prose poetry, lyric sequence, lyric essays, drama, and anything else
you have invented. You are certainly not limited to these categories.
1. This competition is open to all writers writing in English who have no affiliation with the judge, the editors, or the George Mason University MFA program.
2. The author’s name should not appear anywhere in the manuscript itself. Include identifying information only where it is asked for in the submit form. Editors will read submissions anonymously.
3. Manuscripts must be between 15 and 25 pages (not including front and back matter), numbered accordingly. Every manuscript should include a title page, a table of contents, and an acknowledgements page, if applicable.
4. The manuscript should not have been previously published in any complete form; however, individual pieces may have been previously published. We prefer that some portion of the manuscript has not been previously published, but this is not required. We accept simultaneous submissions. Notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. Multiple submissions are accepted, with a separate reading fee for each manuscript. Collaborations are accepted.
5. Submissions are accepted via Submittable. If Submittable is not an accessible platform for you, email us at email@example.com and we will make arrangements for an alternate submission method.